Sunday, February 12, 2017

The Wasted Hack Update.

About five months ago I lost a wrecking ton of files when Windows 10 stopped recognizing me. In the end my hard drive was reformatted. My file management practices were terrible at the time, and it was a costly lesson to learn, in terms of lost time and work.

The good news is that I was able to recover almost all of the lost files from the hard drive about two weeks ago. I have everything backed up on a personal cloud storage device, and two other hard drives. When not working on the One Page Dungeon Contest stuff over the past two weeks, I have been working on "The Wasted Hack", as well as updating "Waste-Land Beasts and How to Kill Them" so that the two have the same visual style and format. "Waste-Land Beasts" also had a larger format, so I had to rework all of the pages and text to match the smaller layout of "The Wasted Hack", which is 6x9.

Since renewing my work on "The Wasted Hack", I have moved away from the original Black and White/ Grayscale aesthetic, and created a masterpage with some aged paper effects.

The page spread to the left is from the reworked "Waste-Land Beasts and How to Kill Them" book.

I have recreated the Scrub Yeti image to match the artwork in "The Wasted Hack". The Math Wizard image has not been updated in this picture.




All of the text and layout for "Waste-Land Beasts" is complete. I only need to finish the artwork.I will update the book at the same time I release "The Wasted Hack", which will be soon.


The Robot Warhound has been rendered in color for the new "Beasts" update.

 A vehicle image from the Driving Rules section of "The Wasted Hack"  All rules
 for vehicles (building/ modifying/ arming/ chases/ combat) are complete aside from a 
small section on repairs which is nearly complete.

Combat rules for Modern era weapons, as well as Future-Tech items are complete. 



 Equipment tables including everything from field trauma kits and radiation detectors 
to hard mounted machine guns and janky power cells are complete. 


A new bestiary in The Wasted Hack is in progress, and includes all new foes as well as enemy vehicles for players to tangle with in the same format as "Waste-Land Beasts".




No comments:

Post a Comment