Sunday, April 19, 2015

Math Wizard


I did it. I was able to finish my One Page Dungeon Contest submission before the week officially ended. I have been hard at work at creating some "double secret" content to go along with my entry, but I took a break from all of that and worked up another card.

This card is the direct result of another unused idea I had rattling around in the back of my head, and scrawled in one of my notebooks.  This idea was to make a magic system based on math. No, nothing too heady. I have taught kindergarten math for the past four years so you can bet that it was a highly abstracted affair.

Really it was just a way to explain magic in a technologically advanced, or post apocalypse inspired setting. I suppose the idea had its roots in the cartoon clip that follows:



No comments:

Post a Comment