Thursday, May 7, 2015

One Thing: Haunted Treehouse

Get It Here
"Haunted Treehouse" by Barry E. Pace

This is the third scary One Page Dungeon in a row that I have read through. I am going to need a bigger night light, or a cleric...

One Thing I love about this One Page Dungeon is that it takes what feels like a modern story or urban legend, and weaves it into a fantasy setting in a way that I found convincing. I felt pity for the child as I read through this, and I think the players would too (unless your players are a bunch of sandboxing hooligans that would simply set the treehouse on fire while screaming "Don't you try to railroad me, man!")

While the players can affect some sense of resolution in this adventure, there are a lot of unanswered questions. I think this is a good thing, given the format (OPD and all) and I feel that Mr. Pace has crafted a story that will make the players want to find those answers.

-Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment